Raids Resource Page from PPID
[Updated Monday, July 22, 2019]
The President confirmed that ICE raids will begin Sunday, July 14, on a nationwide scale. Reports indicate this enforcement action could target thousands of families (and possibly unaccompanied children) in at least 10 major cities including: Atlanta, Baltimore/Washington D.C., Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, San Diego, Miami, New Orleans, New York City and San Francisco.
PPID stands with vulnerable families and we will continue to provide updates on the latest developments.
If you have questions for an immigration or deportation lawyer, please call 212-203-4795.
Local Raids Response Hotlines in New York City and New Jersey
Please CLICK HERE to view a detailed list of hotlines in other U.S. states near you.
We encourage you to “Know Your Rights” and to share these resources with your loved ones:
Know Your Rights / Conozca Sus Derechos
• Emergency Immigration Card / Tarjeta de Emergencia de Inmigración [English/Español]
• Know Your Rights Handout: If Ice Visits Your Home, Employer, or Public Space [English]
• Conozca Sus Derechos: Si ICE Visita Su Hogar, Trabaja o le Detiene en Público [Español]
• Ways to Locate a Loved One that Has Been Apprehended by ICE
- Try to confirm where person is detained through ICE Online Detainee Locator System (ODLS)
- Contact the local ICE ERO office with jurisdiction over the location of the arrest.
- Contact the ICE Community Relations Officers (CRO)
- Call detention centers to locate them. Use ICE’s directory.
- Is detainee a minor? They will NOT be kept under ICE custody, but under the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS).
• Watch videos and create an emergency plan by “WE HAVE RIGHTS” to prepare for and safely defend your rights during encounters with ICE.
Undocumented and documented immigrants in the U.S. have certain rights. Learn about your rights and prepare in the event you encounter immigration enforcement. To speak with our distinguished New York immigration lawyers, call 212-203-4795.