Did Another Driver Cause You to Crash Your Bike? Call Us
Experienced NYC Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Represent Crash Victims Throughout NY
Motorcycles are a fairly common mode of transportation for New Yorkers. Unfortunately, bikers are vulnerable on the road, even when they’re wearing all the necessary protective gear. No matter what they wear, bikers are still directly impacted by an accident, and are much more exposed to danger than a driver protected by the steel frame of a car. That’s why motorcycle collisions often end in very serious physical injuries.
After a crash caused by another driver, don’t wait. Call a New York City motorcycle accident lawyer with Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP, at 212-203-4795. We will assess your case and see if there’s compensation available to take the financial burden off of you and put it where it belongs – on the driver responsible for injuring you.
What Contributes to Motorcycle Accidents?
Whether driving a car, motorcycle, or riding a bike, sometimes people get distracted and lose control of their vehicle. All it takes is a split second. There are other things that can contribute to motorcycle accidents, including:
- Motorcycle defects: Anything wrong in the design, the manufacturing, or the assembly of a motorcycle can lead to an accident on the road. The manufacturer may be liable for the costs of the crash.
- Road hazards: Bad road design can lead to some of the worst motorcycle accidents, resulting in loss of limbs, brain damage, or even death. Commons hazards are blind corners, poor lighting, and speed bumps. In these instances, the municipalities in charge of the road may be held responsible in a civil claim.
- Driving under the influence: It’s never a good idea to operate a vehicle of any kind under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When motorcyclists are struck by impaired drivers, it can be deadly.
- Distractions: Too many accidents these days are caused by texting and other smartphone distractions. Drivers need to keep their full attention on the road, and when they don’t, they should be held accountable.
- Poor weather: Poor weather can cause dangerous road conditions for riding a motorcycle, and many motorists don’t know how to drive safely, causing motorcyclists to wipe out.
There are other miscellaneous factors that contribute to motorcycle accidents. Since motorcycles are a two-wheeled mode of transportation, they are not as stable as regular cars. They are also smaller in size and lighter in weight, making them “harder to see” and far more susceptible to damage, even in a minor collision.
Motorcycle Accident Cause Major Injuries
Walking away from a motorcycle accident with no injuries is almost impossible. The lower extremities, including the legs and feet, are most likely to be hurt. The arms, head, and neck are also vulnerable. Common injuries include fractures and road rash, and serious accidents often end in traumatic brain injury, spinal injury, or death.
Because motorcycle collisions involve severe damage, they also run high in cost. Hospital bills, rehabilitation time, and lost wages are all major costs to be considered after a crash takes place. That’s why, if you were involved in a motorcycle accident, we strongly recommend that you speak with a lawyer who can help you start putting your life back together.
PPID Pursues Financial Compensation and Justice for NY Motorcycle Accident Victims
Our dedicated personal injury attorneys at Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP provide aggressive legal representation for NY motorcycle accident victims. We will handle the entire legal process from start to finish while you focus on recovery.
Some of the major types of damages available to injured victims in New York motorcycle accident claims include the following:
- Medical Bills
- Future Medical Care
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Companionship
- Property Damage
- Wrongful Death
No Matter How Minor the Injury, You Can Bring a Claim
In New York, the rules are very different for motorcycle accidents than for car accidents. Although the State of New York provides personal injury protection (a.k.a. no-fault insurance) for injured victims in motor vehicle accidents, it DOES NOT provide no-fault insurance for injured motorcyclist. As a result, drivers and riders injured on a motorcycle may not obtain no-fault insurance to pay for their medical bills or lost wages no matter how severe their injuries may be. However, injured motorcyclist accidents are not subject to the “serious injury” threshold requirement under Section 5102(d) of the No-Fault Law. Thus, a rider or passenger injured on a motorcycle can have minor injuries and still bring a claim that would normally not pass the No-Fault threshold.
Contact the Experienced NY Personal Injury Attorneys at Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP to Discuss Your Motorcycle Accident Recovery Options
Our experienced NYC motorcycle injury attorneys can help you navigate this difficult time and guide you in your bodily injury claim. We have a highly skilled legal team and diligent support that will fight to recover the highest compensation in your case. Call Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP, at 212-203-4795 to schedule a free consultation with The Case Handler team today.