Did Someone Else Hit Your Bike? Call Us
Bicycles are an ever-growing mode of transportation for New Yorkers. Sadly, bikes are one of the most vulnerable modes of transportation when traveling along the city’s busy streets and roadways. Even if a cyclist is wearing proper protective equipment, he or she is at much greater risk of suffering injury or death if involved in a collision with a larger, stronger motor vehicle.
After another driver causes a crash, do not hesitate to act. Call a top-rated New York City bike accident lawyer with Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP at 212-203-4795. We will assess your case and see if there’s compensation available to take the financial weight off you and put it back where it belongs – on the driver responsible for causing you harm.
Common Bicycle Crashes in New York
It only takes one misstep and a split second to lose control of a bicycle. There are many different contributing factors that may lead to a bike accident, including:
- Road Hazards: A hazard in the road or poor road design can lead to some of the most dreadful cycling accidents, resulting in brain damage, broken bones, internal organ damage, or even death. Typical hazards are potholes, blind corners, lack of proper traffic signs, and speed bumps. In these instances, the organizations in charge of the road may be held accountable in a civil claim.
- Manufacturing Defect: If there is any flaw in the design or manufacturing of a bicycle, it may lead to a crash. If an accident occurs as a result of a defect in manufactured parts on a bike, the producer of those parts may be held liable.
- Distracted Driving: A large number of accidents on the road are caused by distracted drivers. If a driver was texting or was preoccupied with something while behind the wheel and it causes an accident, he or she must be held responsible.
- Human Error: People make mistakes or do not follow traffic laws, and sometimes that leads to a crash. If someone was speeding, failed to signal, or did not yield the right-of-way and it caused a crash, he or she may be held liable.
- Driving Under the Influence: When an individual operates a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the results can be catastrophic. If an impaired driver collides with a vulnerable cyclist, it can cause serious injury or death.
Due to bikes being a two-wheeled mode of transit, they are not as sturdy or heavy as various types of motor vehicles and are far more susceptible to damage in an accident. Bicycles are also much smaller in size, which can make it more difficult for drivers to detect them on the road.
Serious Injuries as a Result of a Bike Crash
Since bicycles are such a vulnerable form of transportation, the chances of a rider sustaining grave injures are very high compared to other modes of transportation. Virtually every part of a rider’s body is susceptible to serious damage when involved in a crash. Typical injuries include:
- Road rash
- Internal bleeding,
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
Bike accidents typically involve severe damage, and as a result they also run a high cost. Rehabilitation, hospital bills, and lost pay are all costs to be considered after a crash takes place. If you were involved in a bike accident, we vigorously suggest that you speak with an attorney who can help you start getting your life back.
Case Results for Bike Accidents in New York
- $100,000.00 Settlement – J.B. doored by Taxi while riding Citi Bike rental.
- $100,000.00 Settlement – Child bicyclist struck by vehicle.
- $50,000.00 Verdict – Teenager bicyclist struck by vehicle.
- $42,500.00 Settlement – Anthony has no memory after getting struck by vehicle.
*Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome in your case.
Top New York Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Here at PPID, we provide top-class legal counsel for bike accident victims in New York. We want our clients to focus on recovering while we handle the whole legal process from beginning to end.
If you or a loved one has had medical bills, property damage, lost wages, undergone pain and suffering, or has suffered wrongful death as a result of a bike accident, you may be entitled to compensation. We offer meticulous support and a first-class legal team that will fight to recover the highest compensation you are entitled to. Call The Case Handler team at Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP by dialing 212-203-4795 to schedule a FREE consultation today.