Search Site
225 Broadway, 3rd Floor | New York, New York 10007 | To view all locations click here
CALL TO SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION 212-203-4795800-223-2814
Nonimmigrant Visas

New York Immigration Attorneys Help with Nonimmigrant Visas

Helping you get a visa when traveling for business or pleasure

It’s difficult to know which type of visa you need when you are visiting the United States for an extended period of time. If you are not coming to America to work, but you are meeting with business associates, do you need a work visa or a travel visa? At Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP, our New York immigration attorneys help you apply for a nonimmigrant visa if you are visiting the country for business, tourism or medical treatment. We know the requirements and can make the process go as quickly as possible for you and your family.

Visas available for business, tourism or medical treatment

Nonimmigrant visas allow you to be in the United States for only a limited period of time. You also must demonstrate that you can support yourself while in the country and that you intend to return home when the visa expires. Our lawyers have the knowledge to help you file the appropriate paperwork to meet these requirements. Following are the three general reasons to request a nonimmigrant visa:

  • Business. If you are traveling to the United States for a limited time to consult with business associates, attend a convention or conference, settle an estate or negotiate a contract, you need to apply for a B-1 business visitor visa.
  • Tourism. If you are traveling to the country for pleasure, to meet with friends and family or to participate in a sports competition or musical performance as an amateur, you need to apply for a B-2 visitor visa.
  • Medical treatment. If you are traveling to the United States for medical treatment not available in your home country, you need a B-2 visitor visa. You also need to provide a medical diagnosis from a doctor in your home country, a letter from the U.S. physician who is prepared to treat you, and proof that you can pay for your travel and medical treatment.

Types of Nonimmigrant Visas

The following is a list of different visas currently available for nonimmigrant travel to the United States. For over 35 years, Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP has assisted individuals and companies throughout the world with U.S. immigration matters. To speak with an experienced attorney about a nonimmigrant visa listed below or other visa type, please call 212-203-4795.

Purpose of Travel

 Visa Category    Purpose of Travel to U.S.
 B-1   Athletes (amateur and professional)
 P   Athletes, artists, entertainers
 E-3   Australian worker (professional specialty)
 BCC   Border Crossing Card (Mexico)
 B-1   Business Visitors
 D   Crewmembers (serving abroad in the U.S. on sea vessel or aircraft)
 A   Diplomats and foreign government officials
 B-1   Domestic employees or nannies (must accompany a foreign national employer)
 G1-G5, NATO   Employees of a designated international organization, and NATO
 J   Exchange Visitors
 K   Fiancé(e)/spouse of a U.S. citizen
 A-2, NATO1-6   Foreign military personnel stationed in the U.S.
 O   Foreign temporary workers of extraordinary ability
 H   Foreign temporary workers and trainees, including H-1B, H-2B, H-3 and H-4
 S   Informant or witness that assists law enforcement in a criminal investigation or prosecution
 I   Information media representative (journalists, etc)
 L   Intra-company transferees
 TN / TD   NAFTA professional workers: Mexico & Canada
 H-1C   Nurses traveling to locations in need of health care professionals
 J1, H-1B   Physicians
 R   Religious workers
 H-1B   Specialized occupations requiring highly specialized knowledge
 F-1   Students – academic and language programs
 F-2   Students dependent of an F-1 holder
 M-1   Students – vocational program
 M-2   Students dependent of an M-1 holder
 H-2A   Temporary workers – seasonal agricultural
 H-2B   Temporary workers – nonagricultural
 B-2   Tourism (visiting family/friends), medical treatment, and more
 H-3   Training in a program not primarily for employment
 E-2   Treaty investors
 E-1   Treaty traders
 C   Transiting through the United States
 T-1   Victims of human trafficking
 U-1   Victims of criminal activity
A1-2, G1-4, NATO1-6   Visa Renewals in the U.S.

Make an appointment with a New York immigration attorney today

To learn more about nonimmigrant visas, speak with the lawyers at Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP today. We are open five days a week for your convenience. Call us at 212-203-4795 or contact us online 24/7 to get started.

Related Topics

Recent Settlements
  • $1,500,000.00

    Rear-end Car Accident Results in Herniated Disc (New York County)

  • $831,803.85

    Rear-end Car Accident (Bronx County)

  • $3,889,000.00

    MTA Bus Accident Results in Leg Fracture (Queens County)

  • $1,075,000.00

    Construction Worker Scaffold Fall (Westchester County)

  • $1,697,500.00

    Single Car Accident Due to Open Manhole (Queens County)

  • $1,950,000.00

    Trip & Fall Accident Due to City Negligence (Bronx County)

  • $1,800,000.00

    Pedestrian Struck by Forklift (Kings County)

  • Over $100 Million Recovered

    Helping Injured Victims in New York and New Jersey Since 2004

  • "The last of our 3 kids had his citizenship ceremony yesterday - we are pleased to report that we will have 3 voters at the coming election. We want to thank you and your crew for what has been a simple process for us. Very efficient, professional and easy in every way. Many thanks, -Gelhard, M. I really appreciate your dedication to customer service and will definitely be doing business with you for any of my future needs. Thanks again!" - Lopez, P

  • "Thanks so much for all your help it was really appreciated." - Carline and Varnel

  • "Mr. Pollack and Staff, You were there when we needed the most. Thank you very much!" - Alte, M.

Awards & Affiliations
  • Best Law Firms 2019
    AV 2020
    Best Law Firms 2018
    The leading immigration law publisher
    American Immigration Lawyers Association
Newsletter Signup
Check Status on Immigration Case
Contact us

Quick Contact Form