New York Immigration Lawyers Represent People Seeking Green Cards
Respected firm pursues lawful permanent resident status for clients
Receiving a green card from the U.S. government means that you are authorized to live and work in this country as long as you follow the law. From our office in Lower Manhattan and two other New York locations, the accomplished attorneys at Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP work diligently to help clients secure lawful permanent residence status. Whether you’re the spouse or relative of a family member, someone who wishes to advance their career here or a person who is fleeing persecution in your homeland, our firm will deliver knowledgeable counsel through every stage of the green card application process.
Attorneys handle applications based on family ties and employment
Once you’ve decided to make the United States your home, our experienced New York firm will walk you through the information you need to know about:
- Applicant categories — There are several ways in which someone can be granted a green card. Depending on your circumstances, we can advise you regarding family-based immigration, applications based on one’s work or career credentials, investor filings, asylum, refugee status and special types of protection for people who have been abused.
- Fees — Foreign nationals who wish to enter the United States as lawful permanent residents must pay filing and processing fees depending on the type of application they are submitting. We’ll make sure that you understand what your financial obligation will be before you determine how to proceed.
- “Green card lottery” program — As part of the intense recent focus on immigration issues, many officials have referred to a “green card lottery” program. Unfortunately, these discussions often feature misleading or incorrect statements. Under the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, people from certain low-admission countries who have already qualified for admission to the United States can be selected at random. The number of annual admissions under this program has recently been reduced to 50,000.
- Renewals — Lawful permanent resident status is not permanent, so standard green cards must be renewed after 10 years. In situations where someone has obtained conditional residency, there is a two-year expiration period. Our firm assists green-card holders with the I-90 renewal form as well as requests to remove conditions on residency requirements.
- Adjustments in status — Sometimes, a person who has come to the United States on a nonimmigrant H1-B visa or some other type of temporary employment-related authorization decides that they would like to make this country their home forever. Whether the applicant is looking to marry an American citizen or looking to qualify for a green card in connection with their career, we offer comprehensive legal guidance. Undocumented individuals who face deportation or have been victimized by abuse or persecution also rely on our firm to prepare a compelling case for an adjustment of status.
Living in the United States is a dream for people from all around the world. If you qualify and wish to become a permanent resident here, retaining a qualified immigration lawyer is a critical first step.
Contact a skillful New York immigration lawyer for assistance obtaining a green card
Pollack, Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, LLP assists individuals seeking to live in the United States with green card applications and other immigration law concerns. To make an appointment for a meeting at one of our New York-area locations, please call 212-203-4795 or contact us online today to schedule an appointment. We have offices in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Peekskill.