JACOB ARONAUER is Of Counsel to the firm and heads our employment practice. As a practitioner for over ten years in employment law, Jacob offers employees practical guidance on all aspects of employment law. Jacob focuses on unpaid wages under the Fair Labor Standards Act and the New York Labor Law. With over 150 cases under his belt, Jacob brings single, multi and class action lawsuits on behalf of employees who are owed unpaid wages. Jacob also brings claims on behalf of construction workers who have not been paid in compliance with New York’s prevailing wage law (for New York City or state based construction projects).
Prior to entering private practice, Jacob worked at the prestigious New York City Mayor’s Office of Labor Relations. At the Mayor’s Office, Jacob successfully represented New York City agencies, including the New York City Police Department, the New York City Fire Department and the Administration for Children Services in high profile employee terminations, unfair labor practices and contractual disputes. Jacob also worked for private law firms where he advised small businesses with respect to overtime, discrimination, and retaliation complaints.
Jacob lives in New York City and Westchester. In his spare time, Jacob enjoys playing tennis and basketball. Jacob also takes pride in his unwavering dedication to the New York Knicks, New York Jets, and the Syracuse University “Orange” teams.
Areas of Practice
- Employment Discrimination
- Overtime and Pay Disputes
- Employment Contracts
- Restrictive Covenants and Trade Secrets
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- $1,000,000.00 class action settlement for unpaid wages brought on behalf of employees of a large scale cleaning company.
- $350,000.00 bench trial verdict in the Eastern District of New York against a Japanese restaurant for unpaid wages.
- $350,000.00 settlement for two construction workers for employer’s failure to pay the applicable New York’s prevailing wage for a construction project.
- $180,000.00 settlement against a well known restaurant in Queens brought on behalf of waitresses for unpaid wages.
- $175,000.00 settlement for cancer victim stemming from his unlawful termination against a well regarded retail company.
- $150,000.00 plus settlement for religious discrimination against a well regarded ophthalmologist’s office.
- Super Lawyers®Rising Stars Award: 2018-2019